As per the specs of Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro, its a device by Xiaomi MI that runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) operating system. It was launched in March, 2016.
It features 5.0 inches (~71.1% screen-to-body ratio) IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colours. It has screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel in density).
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro is powered by Qualcomm MSM8939v2 Snapdragon 616 chipset. It has Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU with 3 GB RAM and it has Adreno 405 as a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU).
It comes with internal storage of 32 GB and support of microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) as external storage. It also has Dual SIM (Micro-SIM/Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) with GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE network support of speed HSPA, LTE, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps.
The smartphone, Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro has main rear camera of 13 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, LED flash with non-removable li-ion 4100 mah battery. Xiaomi Redmi is a super device every android freak must like to place hands on.
Disclaimer: rooting your xiaomi redmi 3 pro is at your own risk as your warranty may be void. If by any means you brick or semi-brick your device, we are neither the cause nor responsible for the damages.
Requirements to Root Xiaomi Redmi 3/Redmi 3 Pro
Before you commence on rooting your device, get these things in right place;
- Minimum of 60% in battery
- Enable installation of apps from “unknown sources” in your device [You can do this by going to ‘Settings ==>Security==>Unknown Sources – mark it]
- Backup your files for future references.
- Turn on “USB Debugging” in the Redmi 3 Pro [You can do this by enabling Developers option in your device. To enable developers option, go to Settings==>About and tap it about 7 times. You will enable the developers option, then, switch it ON]
- A Windows PC/Laptop.
How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi 3/Redmi 3 Pro
- Go to TWRP official page and download twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img file for your Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro. Important: Keep twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img file in a separate folder.
- Your must have ADB & fastboot installed and configured in Your PC/Laptop. For quick installation try 15 Second ADB installer. Download link
- Connect your device to your PC and go to twrp folder and press and hold shift then right click on white space and “Open command window here“.
- Now type following commands at command prompt.
- “adb reboot bootloader” – to boot your device into bootloader.
- after booting into bootloader type “fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img” – this will flash TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro.
- “fastboot reboot” – to reboot your device.
- After reboot type “adb reboot recovery” – to boot into recovery mode.
We strongly suggest you to visit xda-developers, and do some research on the way to root Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro.
How Root Xiaomi Redmi 3/Redmi 3 Pro without PC
Already installed TWRP?
- First, download Super SU by chainfire from HERE and put it in the root of your internal storage.
- Boot into TWRP from your device and install/flash UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip zip in your Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro.
- Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your device and installed TWRP in it!
Never Installed TWRP?
- Download KingRoot APK from and install it on your Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro. After installation go to app drawer and open KingRoot app and click on orange circle(“FIX”) then wait for some time.
- Reboot your device.
- If you want to install SuperSU and remove any other apps like KingRoot etc the just download and install SuperSU me apk on you device and follow instructions.
- After rooting check the root status with root checker app. Download it here.
This is the complete guide to Root Xiaomi Redmi 3/ Redmi 3 Pro and install TWRP custom recovery [Root Mi] under few minutes.