How to Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 [32 bit] [64 bit]
How Do I Know The Version Of Windows Am Using?
I know you may be asking this question within you. But I have a quick guide to achieve this. To determine the version of windows 7, 8, 10 you are using, right click on start. Then select “System”. In the System window, you will find the version of bit your laptop is running.
Steps to Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers on Windows PC/Laptop
5. Another interface of the wizard screen comes, and then selects second option to install hardware manually.
- MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port
- MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port – for transferring the firmware to your device
- MTK USB DEBUG Port
- MTK USB Modem Port
- MTK USB port – for transfering PreLoader to your device (and recovery in case of bad or corrupt firmware).
How to Disable Windows 10 64 Bit Driver Signature Enforcement
- On your 64 bit Windows 10 desktop click on Start then on Setting
- Click on Update & security then in the left pane click on Recovery
- Under Advanced startup click on Restart now button
- Click on Troubleshoot then on Advanced options
- Click on Startup Settings then on Restart button
- The computer will restart with the Startup Settings screen
- To disable the driver signature enforcement until next restart press on number key 7 or F7 on your keyboard.
- After restart you can proceed with the unsigned MTK drivers installation for your 64 bit Windows
- After you install the unsigned drivers, to use them again in the future, you have to repeat this procedure
This is the complete tutorial to How to Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 [32 bit] [64 bit] with ease. If you encounter any problem while doing this, use the comment box.